Wednesday 2 May 2018

Pickups and Trades #4


So after being allowed to spend money again, I ended up buying a whole lot more games than I did last month! The vast majority of these were a sale of some kind, which is how I buy a lot of games. I’ll always have them so I may as well buy them while they’re cheap!

On Steam, I bought the following games:
Kill the Bad Guy: An oddball puzzle game about making assassinations look like an accident. Should be interesting!
King’s Bounty: Collector’s Edition. A tactical turn-based RPG, right up my alley!
"Yes, I'm here about the Systems Analyst position..."
Painkiller: Black. Apparently this is a really good FPS, but I’ll struggle to keep a straight face during the intro sequence due to Yahtzee’s skit at the end of his review of The Witcher…
Reigns: Her Majesty. A version of Reigns where you play as the Queen. I’ve been enjoying Reigns so far and I kept an eye on the sequel for when it went on sale.
Rocket League: This is one of the few games I’ve had talked up to me in person. It looks an absolute riot so I’m looking forward to giving it a try!
The Sexy Brutale: This has made it on to many of the Game of the Year lists from the Youtube personalities I follow. It looks very interesting, and different to what I’m used to so I look forward to trying it.
Shogun: Total War. I bought this one as I wanted to get the core experience of the Total War games, before they were clouded by extra mechanics and themes.
Thoroughly enjoyed this so far...
I also bought a War bundle, which were some games based on Games Workshop’s intellectual properties. I’m hoping to do a complete retrospective on this at some point, so even though it cost a bit of money, I now had a discount on the following games: Chainsaw Warrior: Lords of the Night, Man O’ War Corsair, Talisman: The Horus Heresy, Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade, Warhammer 40,000: Regicide, Warhammer 40,000: Space Wolf, Warhammer Quest, and Warhammer: End Times – Vermintide. Looking forward to trying some of these out, although from what I’ve seen of the coverage on them, a lot of them rely on random number generation that may or may not make for an interesting process.

On Xbox 360, I bought a couple of games:
Syndicate: Recommended as a Hidden Gem by Metal Jesus, I bought this game knowing there’s been some questions raised about its quality, however I never played the original Syndicate so I’ve no basis for comparison, or bias!
Tenchu Z: The Tenchu games got better as they were going along in my opinion; Wrath of Heaven was better balanced and produced than the first game. I’ll be interested to see how it progressed for the 360!
So I’m now left with the unenviable task of establishing when in the world I’m going to have time to play all of these. The Warhammer games can wait a while, but I really should get cracking with some others…

No comments:

Post a Comment