Saturday 19 July 2014

No Game New Year: Game Backlog

Hi there.

This week, I've been playing more Gotham City Impostors and Streets of Rage II. I haven't really got time to write a full review of what I've been doing as I'm about to go on holiday, however last night I saw a post from Cassandra Brabon mentioning a Kotaku article about managing and playing your way through games more efficiently. The article did suggest some good ways to organise your play-throughs, though it is a little presumptuous about how long it will take to play through most games. It fails to take into account the fact that I suck. Nonetheless, after reading this, I decided to compile a list of my games to check my progress on them, and I thought I'd share it with you today.

So, there are 3 things I'm looking for (my list, my rules):
  1. Whether or not I've played the game, because I'm always horribly astonished when I count the games I own and never actually played.
  2. Whether or not I've completed the game, that is to say got to the end credits. Where N/A appears here it is because it is not a game you "complete" in the usual sense, usually either because it's a puzzle game that goes on indefinitely or it's a multiplayer-only game with no single-player campaign.
  3. Whether or not I've got all the achievement points, which is the point at which I decide I don't need to own the game any longer. Where N/A appears here it is because the game does not use achievement points.
Also, please be aware that this list refers only to the Xbox 360. I have yet to compile similar lists for the Xbox (original,) Playstation 2, Playstation 1, Nintendo DS and Gameboy Advance. That will take me a lot longer.

Xbox 360 Compilations inc. Played Completed Achievement Points
Ascend: Hand of Kul x
Assassin's Creed x
Batman: Arkham Asylum x x
Batman: Arkham City x
Battleblock Theater
Beyond Good and Evil HD x
Bioshock x x
Blood Bowl x
Borderlands: Game of the Year x
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons x x
Brutal Legend
Call of Duty Classic x
Capcom Arcade Cabinet
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Charlie Murder
Civilisation: Revolution
Command and Conquer x
Crackdown x
Dark Souls
Dead Island
Deadlight
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Dishonored x
Dragon Age: Origins x
Dragons Dogma x
Dungeon Defenders
Dust
Dynasty Warriors 7 x
Fable 2 x x
Fable 3
Fallout 3 x x
Farcry 2 x
Farcry 3 x
Gears of War x x
Gears of War 2
Gears of War 3
Gotham City Impostors x N/A
Grand Theft Auto 4 x
Grand Theft Auto 5 x x
Halo 3
Hitman: Absolution
Injustice: Gods Among Us x x
Iron Brigade
Kill Team x x
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning x
L.A. Noire x
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Lego Harry Potter I-IV x
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga x
Madden 12 x
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance x
Mass Effect x
Mass Effect 2
Mortal Kombat (2011) x
Oblivion x
Prototype x
Rad Raygun x x N/A
Rainbow Six Vegas
Red Dead Redemption x
Resident Evil: Code Veronica X x
Resident Evil 4 x x
Saints Row x
Saints Row: The Third
Sega Megadrive Ultimate Collection Alex Kidd x x
Alien Storm x x
Alien Syndrome N/A
Altered Beast x x
Altered Beast Arcade N/A
Bonanza Bros. x x
Columns x N/A x
Comix Zone x x x
Decap Attack
Dr Robotniks M.B.M x x x
Dynamite Headdy N/A
E-SWAT
Ecco the Dolphin x x
Ecco: The Tides of Time x
Fantasy Zone N/A
Fatal Labyrinth x x
Flicky
Gain Ground x N/A
Golden Axe x x
Golden Axe 2
Golden Axe 3
Golden Axe Warrior N/A
Kid Chameleon x x
Phantasy Star x N/A
Phantasy Star II N/A
Phantasy Star III N/A
Phantasy Star IV N/A
Ristar
Shining Force N/A
Shining Force II N/A
Shining in the Darkness N/A
Shinobi III x x x
Shinobi Arcade x N/A
Sonic the Hedgehog x x x
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 x x N/A
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 x x
Sonic & Knuckles x x N/A
Sonic Spinball x x
Sonic 3D: Flickies' Island x
Space Harrier x N/A
Streets of Rage x x x
Streets of Rage II x x N/A
Streets of Rage III x
Super Thunder Blade x x
The Story of Thor
Tip Top N/A
Vectorman x
Vectorman 2
Zaxxon N/A
Shadowrun x N/A
Shoot Many Robots
Skyrim x
Sonic CD x
Space Marine x x
Spartacus Legends
Super Street Fighter IV
Tomb Raider x x
WW12 x
WW13 x
The Wolf Among Us
XCOM: Enemy Unknown x x
XCOM: Enemy Within x

As you can see, I've still got a long way to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment