Wednesday 4 April 2018

Pickups and Trades #3


This month, I’ve had to slow down with buying games, since I don’t have much money at the moment, and the small amount of money I do have was perfectly capable of spending itself without any help from me.
It's OK but my lack of know-how is slowing
me down at the moment!
I downloaded Heroquest, Space Crusade, Blood Bowl and Space Hulk from myabandonware.com, meaning to check out some of the earlier Games Workshop licensed games. As this is abandonware I didn’t buy the game the usual sense; just downloaded it and made it work in DOSbox. I’ve already tried Heroquest and will try the other three when there’s time.
I deleted Ascend: Hand of Kul from my Xbox 360 hard drive. This was a game I’d downloaded from Games with Gold nearly five years ago now; it is a game in which you played a huge creature called a Caos warrior fighting across a grim fantasy land to defeat the Titans. Or at least it was. I had a look on the Wikipedia page and it turns out its servers were shut down in late 2014. I was more upset that it took me this long to notice, to be honest! I enjoyed it at the time but it’s been taking up space on my hard drive I could ill-afford for three years.
On Steam, I bought a few games when I got paid. They were:
88 Heroes, an interesting-looking pixel-art platformer where you have the titular 88 Heroes to get through the game,
Guacamelee Gold/Super Turbo Championship Edition, A Metroid-Vania style platformer where you play as a Lucha-Libre wrestler, I’ve seen this talked up several times over the last few years, even though it’s been years since release. I look forward to seeing how it all works!
OlliOlli: So Olli they named it twice, this is an odd 2D skating game that I’ve seen TotalBiscuit talk up so I thought I’d give it a go.
This looks exactly like my thing...
Renowned Explorers – International Society: It’s been a while since I’ve seen any coverage on this game, but if I found it interesting enough to put on my wish list it’s worth a go!
Torchlight: A fantasy RPG that again I saw TotalBiscuit cover a while ago. I do like my RPGs, so this one’s worth a look!
I meant to get The Banner Saga as well but I had some confusion over the sale dates and missed it. Not to worry, it will go on again!

No comments:

Post a Comment